Perhaps you, or someone you love, is struggling with aches and pains and don’t want to schedule an appointment with your doctor to get a prescription for PT. Or maybe, the first available appointment with you doctor is months out but you are in pain now. Did you know there is a way for you to be evaluated for physical therapy without having to get a prescription from your doctor? It’s called Direct Access. Each state has its own rules and regulations, but all 50 states have some form of Direct Access. Our clinicians are qualified to evaluate and treat a wide variety of ailments and conditions. Click here to see where your state stands on Direct Access according to the APTA, or call your nearest Phoenix Physical Therapy clinic and ask.
What are the benefits of direct access physical therapy?
- Convenience – Direct access eliminates the need for a physician’s referral—providing you the convenience to start physical therapy sooner. Starting therapy sooner can lead to a faster recovery and fewer visits.
- Cost Savings – Direct access eliminates unnecessary physician visits and copays. Finishing treatment in fewer visits results in less therapy copays and more savings in your pocket.
- Choice – Direct access gives you the choice to choose your Physical Therapist whether it be personal preference, location, schedule or all of the above.
*Currently, you may be evaluated by a physical therapist (PT) without a physician’s referral in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Direct access provisions, however, vary state by state. For specific provisions in your state, visit this link. For additional information, please feel free to contact the Phoenix location nearest you. Keep in mind that your insurance policy may require a visit to the primary care physician first or may limit your access to preferred providers only.
Mt. Pleasant Services
6583 Route 819 South
Mt. Pleasant, PA, 15666-3503
Phone: (724) 542-9702
Fax: (724) 542-9704
New Patient Info
Welcome to the Phoenix family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Highmark BCBS (Traditional)
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Keystone Health Plan West Network
o KeystoneBlue HMO
o SelectBlue HMO, POS
o SecurityBlue MC, HMO
o CommunityBlue HMO, POS
o FreedomBlue MC, PPO
• Highmark Blue Shield
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Participating Network
• Blue Cross of NEPA
o First Priority Health HMO, POS
o First Priority Life EPO
o BlueCare Senior
• Independence Blue Cross
o Personal Choice PPO
• Horizon BC/BS NJ (PPO)
• Capital BC/Capital Advantage Ins. Co (Traditional, Comprehensive, Options, PPO, SeniorBlue)
• Keystone Health Plan Central (KHPC) HMO
• AmeriHealth Administrators (PPO)
• Tricare Standard (INDEMNITY)
• Health America
o West (HMO)
o Central (HMO)
o Heath Assurance (PPO, POS), Advantra (MC HMO)
• Great-West Healthcare (PPO/POS)
o NON Par – Latrobe, Mt. Lebanon, New Castle
• ASHf ormerly OrthoNet
• Geisinger Health Plan
o AETNA Better Health formerly Coventry Cares
o Amerihealth Caritas/N. East
o Coventry Cares
o Geisinger Family
o UHC Community Plan (Families, Kids & Dual Complete)
o UPMC For You
• AETNA (PPO, POS, HMO)
• United Healthcare
Meet The Team
Kristy Meier, PT, DPT, CD
PT, DPT, CDView Profile
Melissa Wilkins, PT, MPT
Physical TherapistView Profile
Melissa Jaworski, MOT, OTR/L
Occupational TherapistView Profile
Patient Care Coordinator
A large part of what sets Phoenix apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our Phoenix team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to Mt. Pleasant
At Phoenix, we believe you deserve to live an active, pain-free life That’s why we’re committed to providing rehabilitative care that is effective, purposeful and cost-efficient. By combing patient education with highly personalized care and treatment plans, we help you feel like you again. Our highly trained staff is entirely focused on you and your wellness. You can expect high-quality care in a professional health care environment from start to finish. Begin your journey with our Mt. Pleasant location’s Physical Therapy, Occupational Health Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy and Massage Therapy services...
Great personable associates, great rehab techniques, amazing results.