Improve your ability to carry out daily tasks like getting dressed or eating with occupational therapy. Occupational therapy involves the evaluation and treatment of functional and performance deficits. Our occupational therapists are able to provide adaptive devices and equipment, transitional care exercise programs and cognitive retraining to help restore your independence and safety at home or at work.
What can an occupational therapist do?
- Evaluate the client’s injury following care by an orthopedist to coordinate treatment plans and determine the course of intervention after an occupational therapy evaluation.
- Analyze the client’s environment at home and work to identify potential barriers to the client’s performance.
- Fabricate a protective splint for the injured part of the hand and teach the client how to manage daily activities while wearing the splint.
- Recommend a Transitional Care exercise program that will facilitate healing and optimum use of the hand.
- Apply techniques to reduce swelling, prevent further injury, care for wounds, and improve movement.
- Show the client how to complete activities safely and independently while the hand is being rehabilitated.
- Incorporate the client’s goals and desires into the treatment plan.
A physician’s referral is needed to begin a treatment program at our occupational therapy clinic. We provide outpatient occupational therapy.
New Patient Info
Welcome to the Phoenix family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Highmark BCBS (Traditional)
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Keystone Health Plan West Network
o KeystoneBlue HMO
o SelectBlue HMO, POS
o SecurityBlue MC, HMO
o CommunityBlue HMO, POS
o FreedomBlue MC, PPO
• Highmark Blue Shield
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Participating Network
• Blue Cross of NEPA
o First Priority Health HMO, POS
o First Priority Life EPO
o BlueCare Senior
• Independence Blue Cross
o Personal Choice PPO
• Horizon BC/BS NJ (PPO)
• Capital BC/Capital Advantage Ins. Co (Traditional, Comprehensive, Options, PPO, SeniorBlue)
• Keystone Health Plan Central (KHPC) HMO
• AmeriHealth Administrators (PPO)
• Tricare Standard (INDEMNITY)
• Health America
o West (HMO)
o Central (HMO)
o Heath Assurance (PPO, POS), Advantra (MC HMO)
• Great-West Healthcare (PPO/POS)
o NON Par – Latrobe, Mt. Lebanon, New Castle
• ASHf ormerly OrthoNet
• Geisinger Health Plan
o AETNA Better Health formerly Coventry Cares
o Amerihealth Caritas/N. East
o Coventry Cares
o Geisinger Family
o UHC Community Plan (Families, Kids & Dual Complete)
o UPMC For You
• AETNA (PPO, POS, HMO)
• United Healthcare
Meet The Team
Nancy Wood, PT, DPT, MS
Director of Clinic Operations
Brian Haas, PT
Maria Ungard, OT
Sidney Waldman, PCC 1
Patient Care Coordinator 1
Eileen Weikel, PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
A large part of what sets Phoenix apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our Phoenix team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to Williamsport
At Phoenix, we understand the patient’s frustration with rehabilitation. That’s why we’re proud to provide comprehensive, purposeful and cost-effective services. We don’t just want you to imagine getting back to your old self; we want you to feel like you again. To do so, we provide you with a passionate and dedicated staff ready to guide you each step of the way...