Just as the name states, direct access allows a patient to see a physical therapist direct without a script or referral from a physician. Our direct access certified clinicians are well qualified to evaluate and treat a wide variety of ailments and conditions, to get you back in action quicker and with less hassle.
What are the benefits of direct access physical therapy?
- Convenience – Direct access eliminates the need for a physician’s referral—providing you the convenience to start physical therapy sooner. Starting therapy sooner can lead to a faster recovery and fewer visits.
- Cost Savings – Direct access eliminates unnecessary physician visits and copays. Finishing treatment in fewer visits results in less therapy copays and more savings in your pocket.
- Choice – Direct access gives you the choice to choose your physical therapist whether it be personal preference, location, schedule or all of the above.
*Currently, you may be evaluated by a physical therapist (PT) without a physician’s referral in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Direct access provisions, however, vary state by state. For specific provisions in your state, visit www.apta.org/advocacy. A direct access map can be found under State Government Affairs/Current Issues. For additional information, please feel free to contact the Phoenix location nearest you. Keep in mind that your insurance policy may require a visit to the primary care physician first or may limit your access to preferred providers only.
New Patient Info
Welcome to the Phoenix family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Highmark BCBS (Traditional)
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Keystone Health Plan West Network
o KeystoneBlue HMO
o SelectBlue HMO, POS
o SecurityBlue MC, HMO
o CommunityBlue HMO, POS
o FreedomBlue MC, PPO
• Highmark Blue Shield
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Participating Network
• Blue Cross of NEPA
o First Priority Health HMO, POS
o First Priority Life EPO
o BlueCare Senior
• Independence Blue Cross
o Personal Choice PPO
• Horizon BC/BS NJ (PPO)
• Capital BC/Capital Advantage Ins. Co (Traditional, Comprehensive, Options, PPO, SeniorBlue)
• Keystone Health Plan Central (KHPC) HMO
• AmeriHealth Administrators (PPO)
• Tricare Standard (INDEMNITY)
• Health America
o West (HMO)
o Central (HMO)
o Heath Assurance (PPO, POS), Advantra (MC HMO)
• Great-West Healthcare (PPO/POS)
o NON Par – Latrobe, Mt. Lebanon, New Castle
• ASHf ormerly OrthoNet
• Geisinger Health Plan
o AETNA Better Health formerly Coventry Cares
o Amerihealth Caritas/N. East
o Coventry Cares
o Geisinger Family
o UHC Community Plan (Families, Kids & Dual Complete)
o UPMC For You
• AETNA (PPO, POS, HMO)
• United Healthcare
Meet The Team
Susan Kammerle, PT, MPT
Clinic Director / Physical TherapistView Profile
Patient Care Coordinator
Jessica Howard, PCC
Patient Care Coordinator
A large part of what sets Phoenix apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our Phoenix team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to Phoenixville
At our core, we believe that rehabilitation services should be efficient, purposeful and cost-effective. At Phoenix, we promise to provide you with exceptional care, from beginning to end, in a professional environment. During your first appointment, you will work directly with one of our highly trained team members to create a personalized patient care and treatment plan that fits your needs and goals. By combining a custom care plan with ongoing patient education, we help you to achieve your wellness objectives. Our goal is to help you feel like you again...