Improve your ability to carry out daily tasks like getting dressed or eating with occupational therapy. Occupational therapy involves the evaluation and treatment of functional and performance deficits. Our occupational therapists are able to provide adaptive devices and equipment, home exercise programs and cognitive retraining to help restore your independence and safety at home or at work.
What can an occupational therapist do?
- Evaluate the client’s injury following care by an orthopedist to coordinate treatment plans and determine the course of intervention after an occupational therapy evaluation.
- Analyze the client’s environment at home and work to identify potential barriers to the client’s performance.
- Fabricate a protective splint for the injured part of the hand and teach the client how to manage daily activities while wearing the splint.
- Recommend a home exercise program that will facilitate healing and optimum use of the hand.
- Apply techniques to reduce swelling, prevent further injury, care for wounds, and improve movement.
- Show the client how to complete activities safely and independently while the hand is being rehabilitated.
- Incorporate the client’s goals and desires into the treatment plan.
A physician’s referral is needed to begin a treatment program at our occupational therapy clinic. We provide outpatient occupational therapy.
New Patient Info
Welcome to the Phoenix family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Highmark BCBS (Traditional)
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Keystone Health Plan West Network
o KeystoneBlue HMO
o SelectBlue HMO, POS
o SecurityBlue MC, HMO
o CommunityBlue HMO, POS
o FreedomBlue MC, PPO
• Highmark Blue Shield
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Participating Network
• Blue Cross of NEPA
o First Priority Health HMO, POS
o First Priority Life EPO
o BlueCare Senior
• Independence Blue Cross
o Personal Choice PPO
• Horizon BC/BS NJ (PPO)
• Capital BC/Capital Advantage Ins. Co (Traditional, Comprehensive, Options, PPO, SeniorBlue)
• Keystone Health Plan Central (KHPC) HMO
• AmeriHealth Administrators (PPO)
• Tricare Standard (INDEMNITY)
• Health America
o West (HMO)
o Central (HMO)
o Heath Assurance (PPO, POS), Advantra (MC HMO)
• Great-West Healthcare (PPO/POS)
o NON Par – Latrobe, Mt. Lebanon, New Castle
• ASHf ormerly OrthoNet
• Geisinger Health Plan
o AETNA Better Health formerly Coventry Cares
o Amerihealth Caritas/N. East
o Coventry Cares
o Geisinger Family
o UHC Community Plan (Families, Kids & Dual Complete)
o UPMC For You
• AETNA (PPO, POS, HMO)
• United Healthcare
Meet The Team
Krista D. Varner, OTR/L
Clinic Director / Occupational TherapistView Profile
Rebecca Rhine, PT, DPT
Clinic Director / Physical TherapistView Profile
Valeria Dressler, COTA/L
Occupational Therapist Assistant
Patient Care Coordinator
Ethan Covalt, PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Megan Conrad, PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
A large part of what sets Phoenix apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our Phoenix team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to Mifflintown
At Phoenix, we think your rehabilitation should be purposeful and cost-effective. Because we understand that your journey to feeling like you again can be a hard one, we promise to provide unprecedented care each step of the way. We believe that patient education combined with a personalized care and treatment plan produce high-quality clinical outcomes. From your first appointment to your last, you will receive high-quality care in a positive health care environment. Start your journey with our Mifflintown location’s Physical Therapy, Occupational Health Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy, and Massage Therapy services...