Workers who experience lost-time, limited duty, or symptoms in response to job tasks may benefit from work hardening physical therapy services. Rendered in various phases of the injury healing process, physical therapy helps the injured worker return to safe and productive work.
The purpose of Work Conditioning and Work Hardening, as well as a combination of the two, Work Rehabilitation, is to help progress an injured worker’s tolerance of job or occupation-specific physical stresses. Treatment should emphasize restoration of work-related function and reconditioning.
Work Conditioning Program
An intensive work-related, goal-oriented conditioning program designed to restore:
- Multi-hour sessions up to 4 hours/day; 5 days/week; for 8 weeks
- systemic neuromuscular functions (joint integrity and mobility)
- muscle performance (strength, power, endurance)
- motor function (motor control and motor learning)
- range of motion (including muscle length)
- cardio vascular/pulmonary functions (aerobic capacity/endurance, circulation, and ventilation, and respiration/gas exchange
to enable the patient to return to work.
Work Hardening Program
A highly-structured, goal-oriented, individualized intervention program consisting of:
- multi-hour sessions up to 8 hours/day; 5 days/week; for 8 weeks
- multi-disciplinary approach
- uses real or simulated work activities
to restore physical, behavioral, and vocational functions to return the injured patient/client back to work.
A combination of work conditioning and work hardening, it addresses physical, functional, behavioral, vocational needs within a multi-disciplinary model that included medical and workplace stakeholders.
- Utilizes various therapeutic interventions with functional emphasis
- Emphasizes the role of the worker/work activities
- Treatment time is determined by situational analysis, may extend from hour/multi-hour sessions depending on evaluation and plan of care
To enable the patient to return to work at a pre-injury work level, in a safe and timely fashion.
New Patient Info
Welcome to the Phoenix family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Highmark BCBS (Traditional)
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Keystone Health Plan West Network
o KeystoneBlue HMO
o SelectBlue HMO, POS
o SecurityBlue MC, HMO
o CommunityBlue HMO, POS
o FreedomBlue MC, PPO
• Highmark Blue Shield
• Premier Blue Shield Network, Medicare Advantage, Participating Network
• Blue Cross of NEPA
o First Priority Health HMO, POS
o First Priority Life EPO
o BlueCare Senior
• Independence Blue Cross
o Personal Choice PPO
• Horizon BC/BS NJ (PPO)
• Capital BC/Capital Advantage Ins. Co (Traditional, Comprehensive, Options, PPO, SeniorBlue)
• Keystone Health Plan Central (KHPC) HMO
• AmeriHealth Administrators (PPO)
• Tricare Standard (INDEMNITY)
• Health America
o West (HMO)
o Central (HMO)
o Heath Assurance (PPO, POS), Advantra (MC HMO)
• Great-West Healthcare (PPO/POS)
o NON Par – Latrobe, Mt. Lebanon, New Castle
• ASHf ormerly OrthoNet
• Geisinger Health Plan
o AETNA Better Health formerly Coventry Cares
o Amerihealth Caritas/N. East
o Coventry Cares
o Geisinger Family
o UHC Community Plan (Families, Kids & Dual Complete)
o UPMC For You
• AETNA (PPO, POS, HMO)
• United Healthcare
Meet The Team
A large part of what sets Phoenix apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our Phoenix team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to Latrobe
At Phoenix, we think rehabilitation services should be purposeful, but not break the bank. Your rehabilitation journey starts with highly personalized care and an individualized treatment plan supported by continued patient education. From your first call to your last appointment, you can expect high-quality care in a positive and professional health care setting. Take the first step to feeling like you again by utilizing our Latrobe location’s Physical Therapy, Occupational Health Rehabilitation, and Occupational Therapy services. We are conveniently located on Ligonier Street, just off of Route 981/Depot Street in downtown Latrobe...