Employees who experience lost-time, limited duty, or symptoms in response to job tasks may benefit from work hardening physical therapy services. Rendered in various phases of the injury healing process, physical therapy helps the injured employee return to safe and productive work.
The purpose of Work Conditioning and Work Hardening, as well as a combination of the two, is to help progress an injured employee’s tolerance of job or occupation-specific physical stresses. Treatment should emphasize restoration of work-related function and reconditioning.
Work Conditioning Program
An intensive work-related, goal-oriented conditioning program designed to enable the employee to return to work. The program may include:
- Multi-hour sessions up to 4 hours/day; 5 days/week; for 8 weeks
- Systemic neuromuscular functions (joint integrity and mobility)
- Muscle performance (strength, power, endurance)
- Motor function (motor control and motor learning)
- Range of motion (including muscle length)
- Cardiovascular/pulmonary functions (aerobic capacity/endurance, circulation, and ventilation, and respiration/gas exchange
Work Hardening Program
A highly structured, goal-oriented, individualized intervention program to restore physical, behavioral, and vocational functions to return the injured employee back to work. Program includes:
- Multi-hour sessions up to 8 hours/day; 5 days/week; for 8 weeks
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- Uses real or simulated work activities
230 Beiser Boulevard
Dover, DE, 19904-7791
Phone: (302) 672-0293
Fax: (302) 724-7695
New Patient Info
Welcome to the Phoenix family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Railroad Medicare
• Blue Cross of Delaware
o Group Policy
o Traditional Indemnity, Federal Employee’s PPO
• AETNA US Healthcare
• Coventry (Health America)
o Group Policy & PPO Plans Only
o Coventry WC
• Department of Labor – Delaware Workers Compensation
• Independence Blue Cross – Amerihealth Administrators
• United Healthcare – Optum
• US Department of Labor (Postal Workers)
o DPL #144820300
Meet The Team
Bhuvnesh A. Patel, PT, MPT
Clinic Director, Physical TherapistView Profile
Ashley Nonemaker , PT, DPT, MS, ATC
Jennifer Wilson, PCC
Patient Care Coordinator
A large part of what sets Phoenix apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our Phoenix team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to Dover
Welcome! The Phoenix Physical Therapy – Dover team is ready to help patients recover, recharge and rise. We develop a customized therapy plan for each patient to get them back to enjoying their favorite activities. Our experienced team is committed to providing exceptional care in a professional environment. Whether you’re looking to prevent or treat an injury, recover from a recent illness or recuperate from surgery, schedule an appointment with our Dover clinic and take advantage of our Physical Therapy, Workers' Comp and Employer Solutions services...
Great personable associates, great rehab techniques, amazing results.