Hand therapy might help you if you have suffered from:
- Fractures of the hand or arm
- Lacerations and amputations
- Surgical repair of tendons and nerves
- Conditions such as tendonitis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and carpal tunnel syndrome
We believe that the key to successful outcome relies on the patient-therapist relationship. Our Phoenix occupational therapists begin intervention with a client-centered approach by highlighting functional deficits and your desired occupational goals rather than focusing solely on the physical components of function.
Your personalized plan may include, but is not limited to:
- A complete evaluation addressing the whole body, mind, and lifestyle
- Graded exercises and activities leading to the address of actual performance of desired life tasks and occupational duties
- When necessary, adaptive equipment and splints are introduced to aid the patient in recovery and the abilities
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that the rehabilitation process promotes healing while also enabling you to perform meaningful activities both in the clinic and in you daily life.
While occupational therapists are schooled and trained in hand therapy, someone possessing an advanced certification in hand and upper extremity is identified as a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). CHTs are specifically trained to evaluate and treat conditions affecting the upper extremity and hands through 3 years experience, 4,000 hours of upper extremity treatment and completion of an exam.
Wish I could give more than 5 stars!! They’re absolutely amazing… friendly, easy to schedule and reschedule, the place is clean… I could go on… I’d recommend them to anyone and everyone