An estimated 2-million people in the United States suffer from lymphedema. The good news is our Certified Lymphedema Therapists (CLT) are here to help you manage this chronic, long-term condition.
Are you experiencing one or more of these symptoms every day for two or more weeks?
- A heaviness feeling in an arm or leg
- Skin feels tight and looks shiny
- When making a fist, you can’t distinguish knuckles
- Shirt sleeves, or pant legs feel tight
- Ring, watch, or bracelets feel tight
- Seeing an indentation that lingers after wearing socks, watches, or other clothing
- Difficulty wearing shoes or putting on gloves
- Swelling that does not reduce significantly with elevation.
Return to the quality of life you deserve.
Our Certified Lymphedema Therapists use Complete Decongestive Therapy, a four-pronged treatment that is considered the Gold standard for treating lymphedema. It is individualized, safe, and effective therapy that includes:
- Skin Care: includes assessment, hydration, skin inspection, and patient and family training to prevent skin changes.
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD): Specialized manual techniques that stimulate the movement of fluid away from the affected limb.
- Compression Therapy: Special wrapping technique used with lymphedema specific bandages.
- Gentle Decompression Exercises: Patients are shown effective yet gentle exercises to help manage the condition long-term.
Our therapists will create an individualized therapy program, demonstrate ways to care for yourself at home, and provide education for you and your family.