Phoenix Physical Therapy has been focused on supporting our communities with local outpatient clinics for more than 20 years. We provide patients with physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training and massage therapy services in a welcoming environment. Our experienced clinicians are committed to delivering a great patient care experience from beginning to end guided by four core principles: Expert, Passionate, Caring, Committed.
We are currently searching for a Physical Therapist for as needed coverage at our Tidewater clinics (Chesapeake, Norfolk-East Beach & Smithfield).
Position Summary: Meets with patients to collect medical history, evaluate current physical ability, and develop rehabilitative treatment programs with the goal of maximizing function or reducing pain. Uses therapeutic procedures, exercise, or equipment to restore movement, strength, or flexibility. Coordinates care across an interdisciplinary team of care providers, and oversees the work of physical therapy assistants, rehab aides, trainers, or other allied health professionals. Periodically re-evaluates patient status and modifies care plan in response. Educates patients and families about expectations throughout the recovery process.
- Meet with patients and identify needs and goals
- Devise detailed treatment plans to achieve needs and goals
- Be adaptable during treatment execution to ensure patient safety and continued progress
- Motivate and encourage patients throughout treatment process
- Devise detailed exercise techniques, stretches, and self-care programs for patients to complete at home
- Evaluate effects of therapy and keep detailed records of patient appointments and progress
- Communicate with patients’ physicians regularly to ensure consistent care
- Reduce patients’ need for medications and surgeries by improving range of motion, strength, flexibility, coordination, and balance through various exercise, manual therapies, techniques and modalities.
- Comply with federal and state physical therapy regulations
- Maintain patient confidentiality
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy; minimum of one year of experience preferred but new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- DC Physical Therapy license.
- Competency in PT evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current CPR certification.