Phoenix is a national therapy provider, providing unmatched treatment and care to patients across multiple service lines. Phoenix views every patient and employee interaction as an opportunity to help that person reach their goals and provides world-class resources to assist all individuals in achieving those goals. With a focus on personal and professional growth, Phoenix is seeking employees who have a vision for success.
At this time, we are searching for a Patient Care Coordinator I to join our team in our Hamburg, PA clinic. The Patient Care Coordinator I is the initial point of contact with patients and is the support person for the facility director. This position is the liaison between the therapist(s) and patients and is responsible for being able to effectively and professionally communicate company policies, procedures and insurance information. The position is responsible for following all compliance, Medicare and HIPAA policies.
- Greet patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer phones, take and relay messages in a professional and timely manner.
- Schedule patients for services to assure their treatment goals are met. Remind patients of appointment times as necessary via automated text messages to assure appointments are kept. Assure missed appointments are rescheduled.
- Perform insurance verification before each patient’s first visit to verify their insurance coverage.
- Meet with patients on their first visit to assure all necessary paperwork is completed before treatment begins.
- Collect patient’s co-payment, co-insurance and deductible each office visit. Remind patients as necessary the clinic’s policy that requires co-payments be paid each visit.
- Process credit card payments
- Ensure that the procedure codes are accurately entered and that they reflect the level of care provided each day into the EMR.
- Maintain patient confidentiality. Ensures any release of patient information is done in accordance with the Phoenix company guidelines.
- Keep front area neat and tidy at all times and assure that the facility is clean.
- Secure patient information, papers and records in locked cabinets.
- Conduct end-of-day procedures as outlined in company procedure manual.
- Perform other office support work as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or college level business courses preferred.
- Two previous years’ experience in a medical office, customer service, or other related business where strong communication, organization, and follow-through skills were required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft word, strong data entry skills with EMR systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment
- Demonstrates continued interest in self and professional development
Phoenix offers a competitive salary.
Phoenix is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.